Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I did it all for the homemade lunches

Whenever I tell people that for my new job (which I start in a week) I will be working from home, I always get comments like "oh, I don't know if I'm disciplined enough to do that."

Truth is, I don't know if I'm disciplined enough (yet). I am pretty sure that I will spend most days in my pjs until a most inappropriate hour. There are, obviously, many perks to the idea of working from home: the pjs, the sleeping until the last minute, the ability to work out on my lunch hour, the time to throw in a load of laundry every now and again etc etc.
But BY FAR the BEST perk of working from home is making homemade lunches!! I am SO excited not to have to spend a half hour each morning loading up various gladware containers. And even more glad that I won't have to eat crappy WaWa salads when I forget my gladware containers.

I have another snow day today so I'm working from home again (its good practice). After the gym I made a lunch that played on the ides of a 7 layer dip. I layered a pan with seitan (seasoned with chili powder, cayenne and garlic), black beans, green bell peppers, roasted red peppers, portabella, and tomatoes. I cooked it in the oven at 475 for about 20 minutes to warm it up, dumped some pepper jack cheese ontop and WOWEEE! I ate it with a few tortilla chips. YUM YUM!
Its probably not the healthiest thing ever, but I loaded it up with veggies and seitan is a great healthy meat subsitute. I can;t find the camera or I would post a picture. But trust me, its delish!
I am definitely getting used to this!

No comments: